Ketchikan Dog Park Rules
Use of the dog park is at your own risk. Each handler is solely responsible and liable for any injury or damage caused by their dog(s) and by entering this park you agree to abide by the following rules:
Dogs must be free of external and internal parasites and contagious disease to enter the park.
- Female dogs in heat are not permitted in the park.
- It is STRONGLY recommended that all dogs are spayed/neutered.
- Dogs younger than 4 months are not permitted in the park.
- Prong, choke, spike and pinch collars are strictly prohibited in the park as they are a risk to dogs and dog handlers.
- Aggressive, assertive, and unruly dogs are not permitted to visit the park and will be expected to leave immediately when asked.
- All dogs must have proof of current license and rabies vaccination displayed on their collar while in the park.
- Dogs must be leashed prior to entering the park and before leaving the park.
- Unattended dogs will be impounded by Animal Control.
- For the protection of children and dogs it is STRONGLY recommended that children under the age of 14 do not enter the dog park. Parents who allow young children to enter the park accept full liability and responsibility for the well-being of that child.
- Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult and supervised while using the dog park.
- Each adult handler may have a maximum of three dogs in the park at a time.
- At no time should your dog or dogs be left unattended and handlers should carry their dogs’ leashes with them at all times.
- Do not allow your pet to harass other pets, humans or wildlife. If you do not correct your pet’s behavior, you will be asked to leave.
- Food and alcohol is not permitted in the park; glass containers are not permitted in the park.
- Rawhides, chew bones or other treats that take time to consume are not permitted in the park.
- All owners must clean up after their dog. All waste must be bagged and disposed of properly in marked receptacles.
- If your dog begins digging, stop the dog immediately and refill the hole.
- No smoking or use of other tobacco products inside the park.
- No skateboards, bicycles, scooters, strollers or any type of motorized vehicles are allowed in the park, except those used by people with disabilities.
- Repeat offenders will be banned from the park
Ketchikan Dog Park and the Ketchikan Gateway Borough have the authority to close the park for maintenance, inclement weather/turf conditions, special events and other times as deemed necessary.
The dog park is not maintained in winter. During snowy or icy conditions, use the park at your own risk.
Until lighting is available, the park is closed from dusk until dawn.
For all emergencies call 911; the non-emergency number for the Alaska State Troopers is 225-5118.
Contact Dog Park organizers at [email protected] or through Facebook.